The tech I use day in and day out
Inspired by Wes Bos and his uses.tech
project. It's all the tech and software I use at work and play.
- For my personal laptop, I use a Dell Latitude E5570. It's loaded up with a 1TB SSD and 16GB of RAM.
- My work laptop is a Dell Presision 5530 with a 512 GB SSD, and 32 GB of RAM.
My desktop is a custom PC in a Corsair Carbide case, with an Ryzen 9 3950x, an PNY XLR8 RTX 2080 Ti,
32 GB of RAM and a 1 TB SSD. I also threw an old Gigabyte GTX 1060 in there to accelerate
video editing and for machine learning workloads.
- My phone is an old Pixel 4 XL.
I have an old server as well that I use to host some VMs and experiment. It's a Dell PowerEdge R710, loaded
up with 10 TB of SAS drives and 48 GB of RAM.
For operatings systems, I use Windows 11 on my desktop and I use Ubuntu 22.10 on my laptop. On my
servers I tend to run the latest LTS edition of Ubuntu Server.
I run a Kubernetes cluster, specifically the microk8s distribution on some VMs and old laptops for
testing and tinkering.
My programming languages of choice are TypeScript for frontend and C#/.NET Core for backend.
Bash, and C/C++.
As far as frontend frameworks go, my favorite is Svelte, but I also do a lot of work in
Vue 3. I've played around with React and Angular but just haven't gravitated twoards them.
My main IDE for web development and most anything else is VS Code. My IDE for C#/.NET Core
is Visual Studio 2022.
- To manage my music and shows, I use Plex.
- I run a Home Assistant instance on my server to manage my smart home things.
- For keeping all my files in sync and backed up, I use Resilo Sync.